Saturday 8 March 2008

Jump on the (650)B-train.....................

not many people are convinced by the new niche, but im going to do my very best to "help" it along................... 29er's took a bit to catch on, as are 96/69er's, and fingers crossed 36er's never will!

I myself will be building up a 650b "race" bike, Titanium Carver frame with paragon sliding dropouts , fox f80RLC, the new stans 650b rims on american classics laced with CX rays, not sure on brakes, avid ultimates or hope pro's... Sram XO , truvativ carbon cranks. and for SS moment like at SSUK08 and SSWC08 (fingers crossed me and ruth can afford it....) will be de-geared and spaced out using a chris king cog and my "made for travis" carbon chain guard given to me by the man himself..........

and through lots of email contact with the instigator of the B-train (?!) i have a set of the new XC 650b tires the quasi-moto being shipped! this bike is gonna rock!

BUT i am trying to secure, using kirk (pacenti tires) and hopefully stans no-tubes rims, if they want to help, a couple of sets of 650b wheels to give to a few "lucky" people with compatible bikes , like kona units/explosifs, voodoo wanga's and bokors, or anyother bikes you may think are compatible,to try/race to make up there own minds.......................

hopefully this will come off, if your interested in this little project of mine, mail me (rockstarracing@hotmail.co.uk) to see if you can "blag" yourself some wheels to "borrow"....................

pics of the bike as soon as it gets here/gets built, and when i remember how to post pics...........

laters

3 comments:

Cracked Headtube said...

I spoke with Mike at No Tubes, he mentioned you have rims on the way. Enjoy the format. Its a lot of fun and a great ride all around!

I'm stoked to know you'll be riding on American Classics. I have my ZTRs on the way. I think I'll be lacing them p with Sapim CX Rays too, or perhaps DT Revos. I haven't decided yet. I want an ultra light set, thats for sure.
Good luck with the build, and enjoy!

Unknown said...

Put me down for a pair!

Phil

Arleigh Jenkins said...

I look forward to seeing how your progress goes. I spoke with Vikki and she seems to have a great build going on.